Pages

Friday, June 2, 2017

book review: Yellow Owl Workshop’s Make It Yours by Christine Schmidt.

I'll admit, it has been a looooong time between when I got this book and now, when I'm finally reviewing it. I'll also admit that I don't really have time right now to test drive any of the cute, quirky crafts in this lovely little book, what with the twins due to arrive in 6 weeks or less! But that doesn't stop me from admiring the projects within this book and certainly making mental bookmarks for future endeavors.



Make It Yours by Christine Schmidt is a light, airy, colorful, and approachable collection of DIYs and crafts that center more around types of patterns than project type. It lays out instructions on how to embellish items from scarves and t-shirts and tote bags to dressers and wall art and upholstery. Projects are labeled by difficulty, and utilize a wide variety of techniques like screen printing, dyeing, stamping, stenciling, iron-ons, and more. Provided with the projects are tons of templates you can test drive before going off with your own patterns.



I've always been curious about some of the techniques in this book, like stamping and especially screen printing. I would definitely use this book instructionally to try out some of Christine's projects, even if I'd have my own patterns or applications in mind!

For more on Christine Schmidt, Yellow Owl Workshop, or this book, check out these links:


Happy crafting!



**Disclaimer: I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. However, all opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment