Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Grishaflix!

As I’m sure you’re aware, the Grishaverse is coming to Netflix! I for one can’t wait. I hope they do all the dark mysterious magic, danger, intrigue, and even violence justice. I’ve been rewatching Game of Thrones with my husband and I keep telling him that Six of Crows is a bunch of Aryas running around pulling a heist. Good hearts with broken pasts doing dark deeds. 🖤🖤🖤




I see a lot of names floating around as far as fans’ casting hopes. I’m going to guess that Netflix will cast mostly new faces with maybe a few familiar actors here and there. It seems to be their MO. And I kinda prefer it that way, frankly. I also hope they skew up a little with the characters’ ages but not too much. It makes sense for the characters to be in their early to mid-twenties, with all the violence and dark themes, but too old and it loses that sort of prodigy angle (especially for the Six of Crows crew). And since I’m old and I don’t know any young actors, I’ll refrain from trying to guess at the possible cast. But I’m excited to see who they choose!

Regardless of casting, I’m excited and hopeful that this will be a good production. The Grishaverse is very cinematic and I think it will translate well. I’m sure I’ll be taking about it more as details emerge!


No comments:

Post a Comment