Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Writer Wednesday: 2019.

It’s Writer Wednesday & I thought I’d post a little something about where I am with my writing. I may start to post every Wednesday about it as a way to keep myself accountable! 


So, here’s where things are at the start of this new year...my kids are exhausting and draining almost every bit of me physically and mentally, so I don’t have a lot to give to my book baby. I’m trying not to let it get me down because I know it’s just a season. I’m thinking that as the days get longer and warmer this spring I’ll probably have more time and energy at night to write. So for now, I’m in a bit of a slow phase. But I’m still working, at least in the sense of marinating and sorting through ideas and puzzle pieces. I have a huge fantasy world being fleshed out in my head & various apps and post-its, and three stories that all live within that world. When I finally get my writing momentum back, there’s going to be a lot of behind the scenes meat to this world that I hope will breathe life into these stories even if a lot doesn’t make it onto the page in a direct sense. 


I have also been mulling over my writing goals recently. I think my new mantra needs to be, “Slow is better than stopping.” I write because it’s what I’ve always wanted to do—it’s more than just a hobby or a form of escape. It’s the one ambition I have for something resembling a career. It’s what I want to do when my kids are older and don’t need me 24/7. I have this frantic sense that I need to be making it happen NOW but I’ve had to stop and remember that I’ve been waiting so long, another 3 1/2 years of doing it scattered & slow till my twins hit kindergarten and I can really commit my time to my trade is nothing, really. It’s just that knowing I have this thing that’s just for me, that helps keep me from literally losing my mind, and not being able to escape to it hurts sometimes. But, yeah. Doing it slow is better than not doing it at all.  




No comments:

Post a Comment