Monday, June 6, 2016

summer bucket list, 2016 ed.

Hooray, summer is (unofficially) here! As a children's librarian embarking on another Summer Reading Program, I have to admit that summer is not always a relaxing season for me. But I plan to do my best to enjoy it with the fam!
Just like I did for spring, I came up with a brief "bucket list" of things I'm daydreaming about doing with my little family. Hopefully we'll be able to check more items off t his list than we did off the last one:


1> Swim in our backyard kiddie pool and in the neighborhood pool. (We might be ready to graduate to the city pool next year. It's pretty amazing, with water slides and even a lazy river!) We have already done this one once, so far! Check! But plan to do it many times through the summer.



2> Visit the zoo, finally! Time and weather got away from us, and we haven't made it there yet.

3> Make the trek down to visit Mike's family! They live 3 hours away, which is no small trek with a toddler and two crazy pups.

4> Visit all (or most) of our city's parks! There are bound to be some hidden gems to explore. Our city has a surprising number of parks. We had a park picnic and walk with the grandparents recently, so we're off to a good start!



5> Catch "lightning bugs," as we call them in these parts. ;)

6> Take a family hike at a state park!

7> Have as many back patio cookouts as humanly possible! I want to bask in good times with family and friends, and light up the old fire pit for some outdoor relaxation.

8> Eat breakfast on the patio, too!

9> Visit local farmers' markets! We have two good ones to choose from. I'm not much of a green thumb, so I'll have to get local produce that way instead of gardening.


That's it for now! Hopefully we do these fun things & more this summer.

What's on YOUR summer bucket list?


No comments:

Post a Comment