Wednesday, April 6, 2016

on this day...

I love the little "on this day" app on Facebook. It's fun for me to go back and look at what I was doing on a particular day X-number of years ago. Especially because the past 6 or so years have been quite a roller coaster for me! It's fun for me to look back and see all the ups and downs and where life has taken me.

I'm especially having fun with it this week, it being Avery's birthday week. Two years ago this week, I was on vacation in Orlando with the hubby, visiting Universal Studios! I had a blast riding roller coasters for the first time and spending as much time as possible in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Little did I know, I'd be embarking on a very different kind of adventure in exactly one year!


Roller coasters, Harry Potter, Blues Brothers, Mardi Gras parade, the works. It was a blast. At the time, we were trying and wishing and hoping for a baby, and it wasn't going so well. This trip was a nice little reprieve. It's funny to me to think that exactly one year after the second set of pictures...
...was the day I would go into labor with our first child. I felt pretty rough when I took that bump photo. Warm-up contractions had me completely drained. Now I know why--it was the big day! I went into labor just about 8 hours after the top photo. The bottom photo was my last post before going into labor: a quick sketch of my firstborn babies. They got to meet their baby sister pretty soon after that, and the rest is history!

Check back in tomorrow for some photos of Avery's BIRTH day and her first birthday! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment